School Fundraisers and Green Apple
What we provide:
- In-store book fundraiser for an afternoon/evening where parents and students are invited to come help fulfill teacher wishlists (#3 below) and a percentage of any purchases they make (including non-school related purchases) will go back to the school (#2 below).
- A percentage of sales from any purchases in which your school is mentioned will be donated to the school. (15% for a check, 20% for gift card)
- Teachers can use our new book inventory on our website to create wishlists of books they’d like parents to purchase for their classrooms. Alternatively, teachers can come to the store the week before the event and pick out a stack of books they’d like as a physical wishlist from which parents can choose to buy for donation.
- A donation box so that anyone can purchase a book and leave it to be donated when the fair is over. A wish list box with index cards for students to fill out to ask for titles they want to see in their library, which anyone can purchase at any time and leave in the donation box.
What you provide us:
- A wish list from teachers and librarians, indicating the title, edition desired, and quantity (be it a class set or to fill out the library shelves). Generally, a list of 15 to 20 titles is best, as it focuses the parents on the needs of the school. Please use our online new book inventory to help create these lists. We also invite teachers to come peruse our shelves to pick out used and new books for their classrooms before the event. On the event night, parents are welcome to special order titles that we do not have in stock.
Addendum: these are not hard and fast rules for our fundraisers and we can work together to help meet your specific needs as necessary.~
Thank you so very much for partnering with us for your event. We hope to accommodate your needs and ensure you have a great experience working with us.
And if you have any further questions please contact:
Sara Wigglesworth: kids book section wizard extraordinaire
Sara@greenapplebooks.com (415) 387-2272