The 5 Practices of the Caring Mentor: Strengthening the Mentoring Relationship from the Inside Out (Paperback)
The Mentor-Mentee Relationship Transformed
InThe 5 Practices of the Caring Mentor: Strengthening the Mentoring Relationship from the Inside Out, Daniel H. Shapiro, EdD, reveals the five key practices all mentors must master to bring out the best in their mentees. In his debut book, written with school counselors and teachers in mind, Dr. Shapiro explores the importance and value of caring in the mentor-mentee relationship and shares practical strategies for implementing his paradigm-shifting 5 Practices:
- Caring mentors practice active listening to make a sincere connection with their mentees.
- Caring mentors create a safe place for authentic expression.
- Caring mentors devote themselves to their mentees' growth.
- Caring mentors share their perspectives and insights with their mentees.
- Caring mentors act on behalf of their mentees.
Beyond the 5 Practices, Dr. Shapiro motivates, inspires, and presents techniques for overcoming barriers to caring within mentor-mentee relationships, including scheduling stressors, overwhelming workloads, and training that lacks the vital social and emotional components for success. In The 5 Practices of the Caring Mentor, readers find a comprehensive set of principles for putting caring first and strengthening the mentoring relationship from the inside out.