Rick Steves Switzerland (Paperback)
ON HAND in at least ONE of our stores. Click through or call for up-to-the-minute availability.
Cross the Alps in a cable car, cruise Lake Geneva, and tour a medieval château: with Rick Steves, Switzerland is yours to explore! Inside Rick Steves Switzerland you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more exploring Switzerland
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from bustling Zürich to the cozy small-town atmosphere of Appenzell
- How to connect with culture: Chat with friendly Swiss locals at a mountain retreat, swim in the alpine waters of the Aare River, and treat yourself to delicious cheese fondue
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax over wine and Swiss chocolate
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and mountain towns
- Detailed maps for exploring on the go
- Scenic railroad journeys such as the Golden Pass, Gotthard Panorama Express, Bernina Express, Glacier Express, and Chur
- Useful resources including a packing list, German, French, and Italian phrase guides, a historical overview, and recommended reading, plus tips for visiting Switzerland in the winter
- Over 400 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on Zürich, Luzern, Central Switzerland, Bern, Murten, Avenches, Gimmelwald and the Berner Oberland, Zermatt and the Matterhorn, Appenzell, Lausanne, Château de Chillon, Montreux, Gruyères, Lugano, Pontresina, Samedan, St. Moritz, and more
Make the most of every day and every dollar with Rick Steves Switzerland.
About the Author
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 30,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of more than 100 well-traveled staff members at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, WA (near Seattle). When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic and social justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his son Andy and daughter Jackie. Find out more about Rick at www.ricksteves.com and on Facebook.
Connect with Rick: