Road Trip USA Pacific Coast Highway (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now.
The Road Awaits!
From the evergreen giants of the Pacific Northwest to the beaches and brews of San Diego, Road Trip USA: Pacific Coast Highway reveals the best of the PCH.
- Excerpted from Road Trip USA
- Mile-by-mile highlights so you can make the most of this winding highway through Olympic National Park, Cape Perpetua, Avenue of the Giants, Hearst Castle, and more
- Driving maps covering 1,500 miles of classic American blacktop, from Oregon's ancient forests down the coast to California's sunny beaches
- Vintage snapshots, full-color photos, and beautiful illustrations of the West Coast both then and now in a slim, portable guide
- Local history that reveals the unique personalities of small towns and big cities along the route, plus roadside curiosities and worthwhile detours
- Expert advice from road-warrior Jamie Jensen, who has zoomed along nearly 400,000 miles of highway in search of the perfect stretches of pavement
Want more road trips? Criss-cross the country on two-lane highways with the 11 routes in Road Trip USA.
About the Author
Jamie Jensen was immersed in road trip culture from an early age. He grew up in Southern California, back when freeways were new, cheeseburgers cost a quarter, and every beach had a beachfront amusement park. After a three-year stint bumming around the country, making hay in Kansas, and ghostwriting a book for the Grateful Dead, Jamie set to work researching and writing Road Trip USA. Since then he's traveled more than 400,000 miles in search of the perfect stretch of two-lane blacktop. When not crisscrossing the country by car, he rides his bike whenever possible. Jamie lives with his wife, Catherine, and twin boys, Tom and Alex, in New York City, at the east end of the Lincoln Highway.