Get Backed: Craft Your Story, Build the Perfect Pitch Deck, and Launch the Venture of Your Dreams (Paperback)
NOT on our shelves now. Usually ships from warehouse in several days.
"Anyone who comes to pitch on Shark Tank should read this book first "
--Barbara Corcoran, ABC's Shark Tank "I have seen literally thousands of companies trying to raise capital and know that a great pitch deck is critical. This book gives you the playbook for creating yours."
--Naval Ravikant, cofounder and CEO, AngelList "I raised twice the amount of money I set out to in a mere five weeks. I'm naming my firstborn child after the Evans."
--Slava Menn, cofounder and CEO, Fortified Bicycle HOW DO YOU LAUNCH THE VENTURE OF YOUR DREAMS? Get Backed isn't just about startup fundraising. It's a handbook for anyone who has an idea and needs to build relationships to get it off the ground. Over the last 3 years, entrepreneurs Evan Loomis and Evan Baehr have raised $45 million for their own ventures, including the second largest round on the fundraising platform AngelList. In Get Backed, they show you exactly what they and dozens of others did to raise money--even the mistakes they made--while sharing the secrets of the world's best storytellers, fundraisers, and startup accelerators. They'll also teach you how to use "the friendship loop", a step-by-step process that can be used to initiate and build relationships with anyone, from investors to potential cofounders. And, most of all, they'll help you create a pitch deck, building on the real-life examples of 15 ventures that have raised over $150 million. What's in the book? - The original pitch decks and fundraising strategies of 15 ventures that raised over $150 million
- Email scripts that will get you a meeting with angel investors, venture capitalists, and potential board members
- Pitching exercises developed by startup talent beds like Stanford University's d.school and Techstars
- A breakdown of the 10 essential pitch deck slides, how to create them, and what questions you should answer with each
- An overview of the 5 main funding sources for startups, the pros and cons of each, and who the big players are
- A crash-course in visual and presentation design that will make any deck beautiful
- Templates for 4 stories every entrepreneur should know how to tell
- The story of one entrepreneur who showed up in Silicon Valley with no network and six months later had investments from Fred Anderson, Bono, and Peter Thiel Get Backed will show you exactly what it takes to get funded and will give you the tools to make any idea a reality.
About the Author
Evan Baehr is the cofounder of Able, a tech company committed to growing the "fortune five million" small businesses around the United States with collaborative, low-interest loans. He's worked at the White House, a hedge fund, and Facebook and is a graduate of Princeton, Yale, and Harvard Business School. Evan Loomis loves helping startups launch and raise capital, mentoring entrepreneurs through Techstars and Praxis. He heads up Corporate Strategy at Corinthian Health Services, and is the Founder of Tradecraft, a venture fund and consultancy for high growth businesses. His first startup was TreeHouse, a first-of-its-kind home improvement store specializing in performance and design. Evan also cofounded a national angel investment group called Wedgwood Circle. Evan got his start on Wall Street after graduating from Texas A&M University. He lives in Austin, Texas with his wife, Brandi, and their son, Ward.