How to Be Heard: Secrets for Powerful Speaking and Listening (Communication Skills Book) (Paperback)
Secrets of Communication Skills from a TED Talks Star
"A must-read from the master of communication, Julian Treasure." ―Michael Charnley-Heaton, Founder & CEO, Radioworks
- 2019 Audie Award Winner for Best Audio Book in Business and Personal Development
- HuffPost 20 Best Business Books of 2017
- Winner of the Best Voiceover-Audiobook Narration at the 2018 Voice Arts Awards
Have you ever felt like you're talking, but nobody is listening? Renowned five-time TED Talks speaker and author Julian Treasure reveals how to speak so that people listen-and how to listen so that people feel heard.
Develop effective communication skills. As this leading sound expert demonstrates via interviews with world-class speakers, professional performers and CEOs atop their field, the secret to how to be heard lies in developing simple habits that can transform your communication skills, the quality of your relationships and your impact in the world.
Effective speaking, listening, and understanding skills. How to be Heard includes never-before-seen exercises to develop your communication skills that are as effective at home as in the boardroom or conference call. Julian Treasure offers an inspiring vision for a world of effective speaking, listening and understanding.
Read How to be Heard and discover communication skills improvement tips and other secrets of good communication skills:
- How to make sound work for you
- Why listening matters
- The four cornerstones of powerful speaking and listening
- How to avoid the seven deadly sins of speaking and listening
- How to listen and why we don't
- The power of your vocal toolbox and tricks of great speakers
- Exercises and methods to achieve clarity, precision and impact
- How to deliver a great talk
If you have read books like Talk Like TED; Simply Said; 4 Essential Keys to Effective Communication in Love, Life, Work―Anywhere; or Just Listen; you will want to read Julian Treasure's How to be Heard.