Master Your Core: A Science-Based Guide to Achieve Peak Performance and Resilience to Injury (Paperback)
Unleash the Power of Your Core
The term core stability has been overhyped and misconstrued, leading people astray with endless crunches and swinging kettlebells, onto a fast track to injury and despair. Instead of following the latest injury-prone fad, you're about to discover a set of 50 science-based core exercises to tone your body and train your core for functional performance whether you're training for a world championship or just trying to walk without falling.
Dr. Bohdanna Zazulak has devoted her career to figuring out why so many women get injured in sports and everyday life. What she discovered is that properly training your core muscles is the most important thing you can do to improve your health, build strength, and reduce your risk of injuries (for men and women).
In this book, Dr. Zazulak explains in simple terms what core stability truly means from a scientific perspective, and how a stable core directly relates to less injuries, better performance, and better physical, mental, and emotional health.
Here's just a taste of the core empowering methods you'll learn in this book:
- The three types of meditation for calming your body and mind so you can experience profound mental clarity and physical relaxation when you need it
- Simple breathing exercises that will retrain your inner core muscles and surprisingly increase your strength
- A step-by-step process to improve your posture which can instantly lift your mood, boost your confidence, and reduce aches and pains from sitting or standing all day
- How to develop a strong foundation of power for any sport you enjoy or would love to try
- How to dramatically improve your bone health, longevity, and quality of life
If you're ready to stop following injury-prone fad workouts so you can master your core with evidence-based exercises that work wonders for your body, this book is for you.
You will love this book if you are interested in:
- Building strength
- At-home workouts
- Core exercises
- Holistic health and wellness
- Injury prevention
- Sports medicine