NOT on our shelves now. Usually ships from warehouse in several days.
- Understand the essential elements of programming, including syntax, control, and data
- Organize and clarify your code with object-oriented and functional programming techniques
- Script the browser and make basic web applications
- Use the DOM effectively to interact with browsers
- Harness Node.js to build servers and utilities
Isn't it time you became fluent in the language of the Web?
* All source code is available online in an inter¬active sandbox, where you can edit the code, run it, and see its output instantly.
About the Author
Marijn Haverbeke is a programming language enthusiast and polyglot. He's worked on a wide range of software systems, from databases to compilers to editors. He runs a small business around his open source projects.
—Books on Code
—Matthew MacDonald, Medium's Young Coder
“This book would make a great addition to any developer's reference books . . . I really like the author's style of writing and clarity of explanations. The sample code and exercises also work, which can be a rare feature in tech-related books”
—Gary Woodfine, Software Developer
“I think this is one of the most enjoyable programming books I’ve read. It covers the core features of the language concisely but then goes on to illustrate how to use those features.”
—Ian Hopkinson, IanHopkinson.org
—Joshua Johnson, Design Shack
“Marijn Haverbeke is a software philosopher and all-round genius. He also has a terrific sense of humor and writes both prose and code in a friendly and un-intimidating fashion. In common with the very best teachers he dispenses his wisdom with disarming simplicity. I became a better architect, author, mentor and developer because of this book. It deserves to share shelf space with Flannagan and Crockford.”
—Alex Maher, .NET C# dev
"The author, Marijn Haverbeke, has a great voice."
—Abu Sayed, Sayed.Cyou Blog
—Neil Abad, Book Review Buffs