Readers' Theater Grade 5 Teacher Resource (Paperback)
All your students can shine thanks to the flexible casting options provided in Readers' Theater, Grade 5
The 15 read-aloud scripts provide the enrichment of traditional theater productions. To support struggling readers, cast two or more students in each role; the extra support of choral reading can make an important difference for many students.
Making time for Readers' Theater in your classroom:
- makes reading come alive for students
- helps build oral fluency and strengthens reading and language arts skills
- promotes teamwork, strengthening your classroom community
- helps develop confidence in students
- offers performance possibilities for in-class or schoolwide presentations
Some of the scripts included are:
- "Demeter and Persephone"--based on the classic Greek myth
- "SOS Titanic"--a rescue on the high seas based on true events
- "Getting the Scoop on UFOs"--a high school journalist learns a lesson about objective reporting
- "The Montgomery Bus Boycott"--Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, Jr., and other historical figures take the stage in this script based on historical events
- "All the Rice in India"--this version of a folktale from India involves students in an intriguing mathematical challenge
- Many more
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key. This is a reproducible resource (photocopying of lessons is permitted) for single classroom or individual home use only.
A leader in PreK-8 educational publishing, Evan-Moor has been a trusted partner of teachers and parents for over 40 years. Our mission is helping children learn, and we do this by creating resources that motivate children to learn important skills and concepts across the curriculum while also inspiring a love of learning.