Using Joomla!: Efficiently Build and Manage Custom Websites (Paperback)
NOT on our shelves now. Usually ships from warehouse in several days.
If you're new to content management systems--or even new to building websites--this practical guide will get you up and running in no time. You don't have to know much code, if any, to get started.
Need to build a website quickly? Have a client that requires a powerful website with lots of compelling features? Ideal for web designers and developers alike, this updated edition takes you step-by-step through site creation with Joomla, with plenty of hands-on exercises along the way.
- Build a sample site throughout the book to see how Joomla works
- Plan and structure your site's categories, articles, menus, and modules
- Learn the ins and outs of creating, organizing, and displaying content
- Add images, audio, and video--and create complete image galleries
- Build a blog, set up an events calendar, and create custom user forms
- Sell merchandise by putting together your own online store
- Engage visitors by creating user profiles and hangouts
- Secure your site and keep it optimized
- Migrate to Joomla 3 and update your third-party extensions
About the Author
Ron Severdia is Chief Technology Officer of the award-winning eBook company Metrodigi in the San Francisco Bay Area and has been a Creative Director on interactive branding projects -- from web sites and brand identities to interactive campaigns -- for clients such as HP, Verizon, Electronic Arts, Yahoo!, Visa, Walmart.com, and Apple. His prior experience includes stints as a Senior Designer and then Creative Director at Young & Rubicam, DDB, Glow, and Landor Associates. Fluent in several languages, he worked for seven years in Europe, where he's won several awards for successful creative work. Ron has been using Joomla since 2006 to build sites for companies, large and small, including a worldwide branding site for Citibank and a Big Data portal for eBay.Jennifer Gress (snapdragonservices.com) has been working with Joomla! since 2006 with its beginnings in corporate america for employers. Clients began approaching her to build websites for them in January of 2010. Jennifer's skills from corporate life; project management, training and more, combined with her knowledge and experience with Joomla! make her a well rounded web designer and co-leader for the Joomla! Users Group in the Bay Area. Jenn enjoys singing, bird watching, geology and real estate.