Patent It Yourself: Your Step-By-Step Guide to Filing at the U.S. Patent Office (Paperback)
Protect and profit from your invention
For 35 years, Patent It Yourself has guided hundreds of thousands of inventors through the process of getting a patent, from start to finish. Patent attorneys David Pressman and David E. Blau provide the latest information, forms, and clear instructions to help you:
- conduct a patent search the right way
- evaluate your idea's commercial potential
- file a provisional patent application to get "patent pending" status
- prepare a patent application
- focus on your patent application's claims
- respond to patent examiners
- get your drawings done right
- protect your rights in foreign countries
- deal with infringers, and
- market and license your invention.
The 20th edition covers the latest patent filing rule changes, including the most recent implications of the America Invents Act first-to-file rules.
With downloadable forms: All essential forms, including a Nondisclosure Agreement, Patent Searcher's Worksheet, and Design Patent Application are included in the book and are available for download (details inside).