Nolo's Guide to Social Security Disability: Getting & Keeping Your Benefits (Paperback)
Qualify for Social Security disability benefits, quickly and easily
This comprehensive and compassionate book covers both SSDI and SSI, shows you how to prove a disability, and explains how your age, education, and work experience affect your chances. Parents will find special information about benefits available to children with a disability.
Learn how to:
- find the disability criteria for your medical condition
- prove the severity of your disability
- appeal if you're denied benefits
- work part time while keeping your benefits
- prepare for a Continuing Disability Review
- and more.
Plus, this book is packed with filled-in samples of all the forms you'll need, including the SSDI and SSI disability applications.
This new edition covers:
- changes to how attorneys' fees are paid at the federal court level
- the addition of reconsideration as an appeal step to some states, and
- new discussions of getting disability for migraines, carpal tunnel syndrome, knee and hip replacements, chronic fatigue syndrome, and fibromyalgia.
With Downloadable Disability Listing: Find out if your medical condition qualifies under one of Social Security's 200 disability listings (details inside).