Colloquial Yiddish: The Complete Course for Beginners (Paperback)
(This book cannot be returned nor exchanged.)
Colloquials are now supported by FREE AUDIO available online. All audio tracks referenced within the text are free to stream or download from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio complements the book and will help enhance learners' listening and speaking skills.
Colloquial Yiddish provides a step-by-step course in Yiddish as it is written and spoken today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Yiddish in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
This edition features:
- progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
- an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
- realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
- useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Yiddish will be an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Yiddish.
About the Author
Lily Kahn is a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Hebrew and Jewish Studies, University Colledge London.