The Hybrid Teacher: Using Technology to Teach in Person and Online (Paperback)
A practical, educational technology resource for educators teaching remotely or in the classroom
The most effective hybrid teachers are those that have a vast knowledge of instructional strategies, technologies, tools, and resources, and can masterfully build meaningful relationships with students in-person and through a screen. The Hybrid Teacher: Using Technology to Teach In-Person and Online will teach educators to leverage the technology they have access to both in their traditional brick-and-mortar classrooms and in remote learning environments, including established online and hybrid schools; emergency response models for pandemics, natural disasters; rural education; and connecting with students who can't make it to school.
Many of us had to adapt to online teaching during the COVID-19 pandemic, but we still need resources for optimizing our instruction and becoming the best teachers we can be. This book is a practical guide for teachers who want to prepare for current and future remote instruction or leverage the best practices of remote instruction and EdTech tools to bring back to their brick-and-mortar classrooms. Inside, you'll learn about the impact of social and economic differences on classroom technology, and you'll find strategies and advice for maximizing success in each situation.
- Learn how best to leverage technology in traditional brick-and-mortar and remote classrooms, with case studies of the hybrid school model
- Gain tips and techniques to ensure that your teachers, students, and parents have the skills to succeed with technology
- Discover strategies for setting norms and expectations and transitioning between online and traditional learning
- Put into place proven methods for accountability and assessment of classroom successes
- Gain resources to the most effective educational technologies available today in multiple subject areas including English language arts, science, math, social studies, visual arts, dance, drama, music, and general education
- View sample lesson plans for how to implement tools into your classroom, build culture and community, and adapt for different learners
Given the current push to remote teaching during the pandemic and the uncertainty over what the return to school and the traditional brick-and-mortar classroom will look like, The Hybrid Teacher will be an invaluable resource on the shelves of teachers and administrators alike.
About the Author
EMMA PASS is a hybrid teacher and consultant with experience teaching in US districts including Colorado and Nevada, as well as schools in the UK and Europe. She has had the opportunity to travel around the world, speaking to teachers about the power and potential of technology to engage and differentiate for students.