Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology: For Nursing and Healthcare Students (Paperback)
Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing and Healthcare Students is a succinct but complete overview of the structure and function of the human body, with clinical applications throughout. Designed specifically for nursing and healthcare students, the new edition of this best-selling textbook provides a user-friendly, straightforward, jargon-free introduction to the subject.
- Clinical considerations and scenarios throughout showing how the material can be applied to daily practice
- Featuring over 300 superb full colour illustrations
- Now includes a boxed feature throughout on medicines management; providing information concerning a variety of medicines used in the care and management of people that are related to the body system of the chapter
- The 'Conditions' feature within each chapter provides you with a list of disorders that are associated with the topics discussed, helping relate theory to practice
- Each chapter includes learning outcomes, test your knowledge, scenarios, activities and summaries.
- Includes a list of prefixes and suffixes, as well as normal values, and a glossary of terms
- Supported by enhanced online resources with fantastic extras for both lecturers and students, including an image bank, online glossary, flashcards, interactive multiple choice questions, examples of patient notes, and more
This edition is now supported by an accompanying study guide to facilitate the learning and revision of the content within this book: Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology Workbook: A Study Guide for Nurses and Healthcare Students.
About the Author
Ian Peate is Editor in Chief of the British Journal of Nursing, and Head of the School of Health Studies, Gibraltar. Muralitharan Nair is an Independent Nursing Consultant, having recently retired as a full time nursing lecturer at Hertfordshire University.