The Eye of the World (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Wheel of Time series.
- #2: The Great Hunt: Book Two of 'The Wheel of Time' (Paperback): $22.99
- #3: The Dragon Reborn: Book Three of 'The Wheel of Time' (Paperback): $22.99
- #4: The Shadow Rising: Book Four of 'The Wheel of Time' (Paperback): $22.99
- #5: The Fires of Heaven: Book Five of 'The Wheel of Time' (Paperback): $24.99
- #6: Lord of Chaos: Book Six of 'The Wheel of Time' (Paperback): $22.99
- #7: A Crown of Swords: Book Seven of 'The Wheel of Time' (Paperback): $22.99
- #8: The Path of Daggers: Book Eight of 'The Wheel of Time' (Paperback): $22.99
- #9: Winter's Heart: Book Nine of The Wheel of Time (Paperback): $21.99
- #10: Crossroads of Twilight: Book Ten of 'The Wheel of Time' (Paperback): $22.99
- #11: Knife of Dreams: Book Eleven of 'The Wheel of Time' (Paperback): $22.99
- #12: The Gathering Storm: Book Twelve of the Wheel of Time (Paperback): $22.99
- #13: Towers of Midnight: Book Thirteen of The Wheel of Time (Paperback): $24.99
- #14: A Memory of Light: Book Fourteen of The Wheel of Time (Paperback): $23.99
- #15: New Spring: The Novel (Wheel of Time #15) (Paperback): $18.99
- #16: The Wheel of Time Companion: The People, Places, and History of the Bestselling Series (Hardcover): $39.99
The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, and Age of Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow.
About the Author
Robert Jordan was born in 1948 in Charleston, South Carolina. He taught himself to read when he was four with the incidental aid of a twelve-years-older brother, and was tackling Mark Twain and Jules Verne by five. He is a graduate of The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, with a degree in physics. He served two tours in Vietnam with the U.S. Army; among his decorations are the Distinguished Flying Cross with bronze oak leaf cluster, the Bronze Star with "V" and bronze oak leaf cluster, and two Vietnamese Gallantry Crosses with palm. A history buff, he has also written dance and theater criticism and enjoyed the outdoor sports of hunting, fishing, and sailing, and the indoor sports of poker, chess, pool, and pipe collecting.
Robert Jordan began writing in 1977 and went on to write The Wheel of Time(r), one of the most important and best selling series in the history of fantasy publishing with over 14 million copies sold in North America, and countless more sold abroad.
Robert Jordan died on September 16, 2007, after a courageous battle with the rare blood disease amyloidosis.
"Jordan has come to dominate the world that Tolkien began to reveal."--The New York Times
"Jordan is able to take...familiar elements and make them his own, in a powerful novel of wide and complex scope. Open religious and political conflicts add a gritty realism, while the cities and courts provide plenty of drama and splendor. Women have a stronger role than in Tolkien...Each character in this large cast remains distinct....Their adventures are varied, and exciting....The Eye of the World stands alone as a fantasy epic."--Locus
"Robert Jordan has created a fantasy world as tangible and credible as history. He has a fine eye for detail and a vivid sense of drama."--Morgan Llewelyn