Dune: The Butlerian Jihad: Book One of the Legends of Dune Trilogy (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Dune series.
- #2: Dune: The Machine Crusade: Book Two of the Legends of Dune Trilogy (Mass Market): $10.99
- #3: Dune: The Battle of Corrin: Book Three of the Legends of Dune Trilogy (Mass Market): $9.99
- #4: Hunters of Dune (Mass Market): $9.99
- #5: Heretics of Dune (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Chapterhouse: Dune (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: The Winds of Dune: Book Two of the Heroes of Dune (Hardcover): Not available to order
- #8: Sisterhood of Dune: Book One of the Schools of Dune Trilogy (Hardcover): Not available to order
- #9: Mentats of Dune: Book Two of the Schools of Dune Trilogy (Mass Market): $9.99
- #10: Navigators of Dune: Book Three of the Schools of Dune Trilogy (Mass Market): $9.99
Frank Herbert's Dune series is one of the great creations of imaginative literature, science fiction's answer to The Lord of the Rings.
Decades after Herbert's original novels, the Dune saga was continued by Frank Herbert's son, Brian Herbert, in collaboration with Kevin J. Anderson. Working from Frank Herbert's own notes, the acclaimed authors reveal the chapter of the Dune saga most eagerly anticipated by readers: the Butlerian Jihad.
Throughout the Dune novels, Frank Herbert frequently referred to the war in which humans wrested their freedom from "thinking machines." In Dune: The Butlerian Jihad, Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson bring to life the story of that war, a tale previously seen only in tantalizing hints and clues. Finally, we see how Serena Butler's passionate grief ignites the struggle that will liberate humans from their machine masters; here is the amazing tale of the Zensunni Wanderers, who escape bondage to flee to the desert world where they will declare themselves the Free Men of Dune. And here is the backward, nearly forgotten planet of Arrakis, where traders have discovered the remarkable properties of the spice melange....
About the Author
BRIAN HERBERT, the son of Frank Herbert, is the author of multiple New York Times bestsellers. In 2003, he published Dreamer of Dune, a moving biography of his father that was nominated for the Hugo Award. His other novels include Man of Two Worlds (written with Frank Herbert), Sudanna Sudanna, and The Little Green Book of Chairman Rahma.
KEVIN J. ANDERSON has written dozens of national bestsellers and has been nominated for the Hugo Award, the Nebula Award, the Bram Stoker Award, and the SFX Readers' Choice Award. His critically acclaimed original novels include the ambitious space opera series The Saga of Seven Suns, including The Dark Between the Stars, as well as the Terra Incognita fantasy epic with its two accompanying rock CDs. He also set the Guinness-certified world record for the largest single-author book signing.
“This compelling saga of men and women struggling for freedom is required reading for Dune fans.” —Library Journal