The Wheel of Time Companion: The People, Places, and History of the Bestselling Series (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 16 in the Wheel of Time series.
- #1: The Eye of the World: Book One of The Wheel of Time (Hardcover): $34.99
- #2: The Great Hunt: Book Two of 'The Wheel of Time' (Hardcover): $39.99
- #3: The Dragon Reborn: Book Three of 'The Wheel of Time' (Hardcover): $39.99
- #4: The Shadow Rising: Book Four of 'The Wheel of Time' (Hardcover): $39.99
- #5: The Fires of Heaven: Book Five of 'The Wheel of Time' (Hardcover): $39.99
- #6: Lord of Chaos: Book Six of 'The Wheel of Time' (Mass Market): $10.99
- #7: A Crown of Swords: Book Seven of 'The Wheel of Time' (Hardcover): $39.99
- #8: The Path of Daggers: Book Eight of 'The Wheel of Time' (Hardcover): $39.99
- #9: Winter's Heart: Book Nine of The Wheel of Time (Hardcover): $39.99
- #10: Crossroads of Twilight: Book Ten of 'The Wheel of Time' (Hardcover): $39.99
- #11: Knife of Dreams: Book Eleven of 'The Wheel of Time' (Hardcover): $39.99
- #12: The Gathering Storm: Book Twelve of the Wheel of Time (Hardcover): $39.99
- #13: Towers of Midnight: Book Thirteen of The Wheel of Time (Paperback): $24.99
- #14: A Memory of Light: Book Fourteen of The Wheel of Time (Hardcover): $34.99
- #15: New Spring: The Novel (Wheel of Time #15) (Paperback): $18.99
Since its debut in 1990, The Wheel of Time® by Robert Jordan has captivated millions of readers around the globe with its scope, originality, and compelling characters.
Over the course of fifteen books and millions of words, the world that Jordan created grew in depth and complexity. However, only a fraction of what Jordan imagined ended up on the page, the rest going into his personal files.
Now The Wheel of Time Companion sheds light on some of the most intriguing aspects of the world, including biographies and motivations of many characters that never made it into the books, but helped bring Jordan's world to life.
Included in the volume in an A-to-Z format are:
An entry for each named character
An inclusive dictionary of the Old Tongue
New maps of the Last Battle
New portraits of many characters
Histories and customs of the nations of the world
The strength level of many channelers
Descriptions of the flora and fauna unique to the world
And much more!
The Wheel of Time Companion will be required reading for The Wheel of Time's millions of fans.
The Wheel of Time®
New Spring: The Novel
#1 The Eye of the World
#2 The Great Hunt
#3 The Dragon Reborn
#4 The Shadow Rising
#5 The Fires of Heaven
#6 Lord of Chaos
#7 A Crown of Swords
#8 The Path of Daggers
#9 Winter's Heart
#10 Crossroads of Twilight
#11 Knife of Dreams
By Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
#12 The Gathering Storm
#13 Towers of Midnight
#14 A Memory of Light
By Robert Jordan
Warrior of the Altaii
By Robert Jordan and Teresa Patterson
The World of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time
By Robert Jordan, Harriet McDougal, Alan Romanczuk, and Maria Simons
The Wheel of Time Companion
By Robert Jordan and Amy Romanczuk
Patterns of the Wheel: Coloring Art Based on Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time
About the Author
Robert Jordan was born in 1948 in Charleston, South Carolina. He taught himself to read when he was four with the incidental aid of a twelve-years-older brother, and was tackling Mark Twain and Jules Verne by five. He was a graduate of The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, with a degree in physics. He served two tours in Vietnam with the U.S. Army; among his decorations are the Distinguished Flying Cross with bronze oak leaf cluster, the Bronze Star with "V" and bronze oak leaf cluster, and two Vietnamese Gallantry Crosses with palm. A history buff, he also wrote dance and theater criticism and enjoyed the outdoor sports of hunting, fishing, and sailing, and the indoor sports of poker, chess, pool, and pipe collecting. Robert Jordan began writing in 1977 and went on to write The Wheel of Time®, one of the most important and best selling series in the history of fantasy publishing with over 14 million copies sold in North America, and countless more sold abroad. Robert Jordan died on September 16, 2007, after a courageous battle with the rare blood disease amyloidosis.
HARRIET MCDOUGAL, former Editorial Director of Tom Doherty Associates, was Robert Jordan's wife and editor. She selected Brandon Sanderson to complete the series after Jordan's untimely death, and was his editor as well. She is the mail editor behind Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time Companion.
ALAN ROMANCZUK, with Maria Simons, has been part of Robert Jordan and Harriet McDougal's editorial assistant team for a combined 18 years, and Harriet's for 14. They worked with Brandon Sanderson to complete the last three volumes of the Wheel of Time (TM) series: The Gathering Storm, Towers of Midnight, and A Memory of Light. Romanczuk is also a contributor to The Wheel of Time Companion.
MARIA SIMONS, with Alan Romanczuk, has been part of Robert Jordan and Harriet McDougal's editorial assistant team for a combined 18 years, and Harriet's for 14. They worked with Brandon Sanderson to complete the last three volumes of the Wheel of Time (TM) series: The Gathering Storm, Towers of Midnight, and A Memory of Light. Simons is also a contributor to The Wheel of Time Companion.
“Jordan has come to dominate the world Tolkien began to reveal.” —New York Times
“The definitive American fantasy saga, a fantasy tale seldom equaled and still less often surpassed in English.” —Chicago Sun-Times
“Hard to put down for even a moment. A fittingly epic conclusion to a fantasy series that many consider one of the best of all time.” —San Francisco Book Review