The Charming Quirks of Others (Isabel Dalhousie Series #7) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Isabel Dalhousie Series series.
- #1: The Sunday Philosophy Club (Isabel Dalhousie Series #1) (Paperback): $16.00
- #2: Friends, Lovers, Chocolate (Isabel Dalhousie Series #2) (Paperback): $15.00
- #3: The Right Attitude to Rain (Isabel Dalhousie Series #3) (Hardcover): $24.15
- #4: The Careful Use of Compliments (Isabel Dalhousie Series #4) (Paperback): $16.50
- #5: The Comforts of a Muddy Saturday (Isabel Dalhousie Series #5) (Paperback): $15.95
- #6: The Lost Art of Gratitude (Isabel Dalhousie Series #6) (Paperback): $17.55
- #8: The Forgotten Affairs of Youth (Isabel Dalhousie Series #8) (Paperback): $17.60
- #9: The Uncommon Appeal of Clouds (Isabel Dalhousie Series #9) (Paperback): $16.45
- #10: The Novel Habits of Happiness (Isabel Dalhousie Series #10) (Paperback): $17.60
- #11: A Distant View of Everything: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (11) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #11) (Hardcover): $28.55
- #12: The Quiet Side of Passion: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (12) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #12) (Hardcover): $25.95
- #13: The Geometry of Holding Hands: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (13) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #13) (Paperback): $16.00
- #14: The Sweet Remnants of Summer: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (14) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #14) (Hardcover): $27.00
ISABEL DALHOUSIE - Book 7
Nothing captures the charm of Edinburgh like the bestselling Isabel Dalhousie series of novels featuring the insatiably curious philosopher and woman detective. Whether investigating a case or a problem of philosophy, the indefatigable Isabel Dalhousie, one of fiction’s most richly developed amateur detectives, is always ready to pursue the answers to all of life’s questions, large and small.
Isabel has been asked for her help in a rather tricky situation: A successor is being sought for the headmaster at a local boys’ school. The board has three final candidates but has received an anonymous letter alleging that one of them has a very serious skeleton in the closet. Could Isabel discreetly look into it? And so she does. What she discovers about all the candidates is surprising, but what she discovers about herself and about Jamie, the father of her young son, turns out to be equally revealing.
Isabel’s investigation will have her exploring issues of ambition, as well as of charity, forgiveness, and humility, as she moves nearer and nearer to some of the most hidden precincts of the heart.
Here is Isabel Dalhousie at her beguiling best: intelligent, insightful, and with a unique understanding of the quirks of human nature.
About the Author
ALEXANDER McCALL SMITH is the author of the international phenomenon The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency series. He is professor emeritus of medical law at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland and has served on many national and international bodies concerned with bioethics.
Praise for the Isabel Dalhousie series
“Charmingly told. . . . Its graceful prose shines, and Isabel’s interior monologues—meditations on a variety of moral questions—are bemused, intelligent and entertaining.” —The Seattle Times
“Endearing. . . . Offers tantalizing glimpses of Edinburgh’s complex character and a nice, long look into the beautiful mind of a thinking woman.” —The New York Times Book Review
“In Mma Ramotswe, [McCall Smith] minted one of the most memorable heroines in any modern fiction. Now, with the creation of Isabel Dalhousie, he’s done it again. . . . She’s such good company, it’s hard to believe she’s fictional. You finish [one] installment greedily looking forward to more.” —Newsweek