Kill City Blues: A Sandman Slim Novel (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Sandman Slim series.
- #1: Sandman Slim: A Novel (Hardcover): Not available to order
- #2: Kill the Dead: A Sandman Slim Novel (Hardcover): Not available to order
- #3: Aloha from Hell: A Sandman Slim Novel (Hardcover): Not available to order
- #4: Devil Said Bang: A Sandman Slim Novel (Paperback): $15.99
- #6: The Getaway God: A Sandman Slim Novel (Hardcover): Not available to order
- #7: Killing Pretty: A Sandman Slim Novel (Paperback): $16.49
- #8: The Perdition Score: A Sandman Slim Novel (Paperback): $15.99
- #9: The Kill Society: A Sandman Slim Novel (Paperback): $14.99
- #10: Hollywood Dead: A Sandman Slim Novel (Paperback): $16.99
- #11: Ballistic Kiss: A Sandman Slim Novel (Hardcover): $28.99
New York Times bestselling author Richard Kadrey’s fifth Sandman Slim adventure.
James Stark, aka Sandman Slim, has lost the Qomrama Om Ya, an all-powerful weapon from the banished older gods. Older gods who are returning and searching for their lost power.
The hunt leads Stark to an abandoned shopping mall infested with tribes of squatters. Somewhere in this kill zone is a dead man with the answers Stark needs. All Stark has to do is find the dead man, recover the artifact, and outwit and outrun the angry old gods—and natural-born killers—on his tail.
But not even Sandman Slim is infallible, and any mistakes will cost him dearly.
About the Author
Richard Kadrey is the New York Times bestselling author of the Sandman Slim supernatural noir books. Sandman Slim was included in Amazon’s “100 Science Fiction & Fantasy Books to Read in a Lifetime,” and is in development as a feature film. Some of his other books include The Wrong Dead Guy, The Everything Box, Metrophage, and Butcher Bird. He also writes the Vertigo comic Lucifer.
“Hot damn, a new Sandman Slim novel! I will fight you for it if I have to.Yes, the series is just that good (P.S., I will fight VERY VERY DIRTY).”
— John Scalzi
“A deft mixture of urban fantasy and light comedy, the fifth Sandman Slim novel is sure to appeal to the author’s growing fan base, not to mention readers of such writers as Jim Butcher, P. N. Elrod, and F. Paul Wilson.”
“One of the great horror setups of all time.… If there’s one thing Kill City Blues demonstrates, it’s that Kadrey’s still got a ton of material for Sandman Slim. I can’t wait to read it all.”
— Cory Doctorow, BoingBoing.com
“The series is part fantasy, part gothic horror, part crime noir. It’s filled with knowing winks about pop culture and told at a breathless pace that can’t be bothered with actual chapters.”
— San Diego Union-Tribune
“We can savor every insight from a grand master of the blunt exposition.”