Saturday, May 3, 2014 - 10:00am
The first California Bookstore Day will take place on Saturday, May 3, 2014. Green Apple will participate with author appearances, a food truck, and surprises to be announced. Watch this space for details or sign up for our email newsletter. There are 13 unique books and art pieces, but beyond that we're throwing our biggest party of the year.
So far, we can confirm:
- 10:30 am: 826 Valencia leads a Storytelling Workshop for kids (6-10 years old), in which participants write a complete story as a group as it's illustrated before their eyes. Program will run till noon with time at the end for each young author to create their own ending to the story as a keepsake. Space is limited, so get your $5 tickets here (money donated to 826 Valencia, of course).
- 12:00 pm: Dave Eggers (whose Lithograph tote bag will be for sale) signing books and giving relationship advice.
- 1:30 pm: Wendy MacNaughton and Lisa Brown creating custom bookmarks.
- 3:30 pm: Aritsts with the Cartoon Art Musuem drawing characters in the noir style, with Mike Capozzola, Larry Luna, and some other stellar local guest talent.
- 5:00 pm - 5:45 pm: Vandella performing in the Annex sideroom.
- 5:30 pm: Beth Lisick and Jan Richman leading a Local Author Scavenger Hunt from 5:30 to 7.
- 6:00 - 6:45 pm: The Sam Chase performing live music in the Annex sideroom!
- 7:30 pm: A panel of McSweeney's folks on their California Bookstore Day project Bookstories, including editor Annie Wyman and contributing writers Colin Winnette, Jesse Nathan, Matthew Zapruder, Daniel Levin Becker, and Jordan Karnes.
- And El Tonayense will be parked out front to feed your belly while Green Apple feeds your mind (time tk).
California Bookstore Day will be your one and only chance to buy the unique books and art pieces below. They are ONLY on sale on May 3 and only available at CA indie bookstores like Green Apple. Never online, never at Barnes and Noble, never in Texas. We can't take any pre-orders or hold anything. It's strictly first-come, first-served, and quantities will be limited. Take a look: